Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Introduction To FSX

     My name is Chris, and I have a passion for aviation. I am not an expert on everything, and I am still learning, but I hope to be of some help.


     I'm starting this blog to help, share, and record the things I learn and experience as an aviation enthusiast. Most of what I will post will be directed toward one of my favorite software packages. Flight Simulator X also known as FSX or Flight Simulator 10. It's a simulation of a real flight environment for your computer, and is an amazingly realistic program. A close competitor to it is X-Plane. I have tried X-Plane before. I thought it was okay, but I had several issues with it. The fps(frames per second) was awful for me, and I didn't like the physics on it compared to FSX. I will admit that the scenery in FSX is not the best, but it meets my needs. One of the best things about it is the many add-on you can add to make it realistic. Because of these add-ons I do not have trouble with the scenery anymore. Right now my FSX looks great.

     FSX was released by Microsoft around 2006. Microsoft had made several flight simulators before that, but not very many of them succeeded until they released FS2004, also called FS9. FS2004 was a glimpse of what would later be FSX. It was very popular to those of the FS world. It had better scenery and better physics. I never bought FS2004 because by the time I got interested in aviation, FSX was already out. I first took an interest in flight with FS2002. Since then I have loved everything about it.

     Right now I am currently a Virtual Airline Pilot. I fly daily on a virtual network known as Vatsim which is basically a virtual world for anyone who is looking for a real world flight experience. Before you can fly on it you must have a general idea of how to fly as if you were really in the airplane. My favorite thing about it is that they have live air traffic controllers that guide you from your departing airport to your destination. Their job is to organize the traffic so that no one crashes into each other or lands on top of one another. The pilot has to learn a special language to communicate with them. I'll probably talk more about it in the future.

     I hope this blog will help others to find an interest in aviation, and learn that it's not that hard to get souring, and for those that already know a lot you might find some tips and tricks that will be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment